Android Device Mail Set Up via Passport York (PY):
- Add your Google Apps account.
- Android 2.1–2.3 users—go to Settings > Accounts and sync > Add account > Google and touch Next.
- Android 3.0–4.4.4 users—go to Settings > Add account > Google and touch Next.
- Android 5.0+ users—go to Settings > Accounts > Add account >Google.
- Do one of the following:
- Android 2.1–2.3 users—In the bottom corner, touch Menu > Browser sign-in.
- Android 3.0–4.4.4 users—Touch Existing account > Menu > Browser sign-in.
- Android 5.0+ users—go to step 3.
- Enter your Google Apps email address - firstname.lastname@example.org, leave the password field blank, and click Sign in.
- You'll be redirected to your PY login page. Enter your PY username and password here.
- Touch Grant Access if you're asked to grant access for the device (so it can stay signed in to your account).
- Your account will be added to the Android device. The next screen displays Gmail, Calendar, Contacts, and other Google services syncing with your device. You can choose which services to sync.
Android Device Mail Set Up using Google Access Token:
Step 1: Enable IMAP
- First log on to your @my.yorku.ca via mail.my.yorku.ca
- Open the Gmail Settings from the Gear Menu in the top right hand-side
- Then go to the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab to enable IMAP
- Select Enable IMAP
- Click Save Changes
Step 2: Generate Google Access Token
- Go to http://google.info.yorku.ca/google-access-token/
- Generate the token by clicking on 'Click here to request a Google Access Token'
- If you are not already logged on, the system will prompt you to enter your Passport York credentials
- A 15-character password will be generated (Google Access Token)
- Note the Token Password somewhere for later use
Step 3: Setting up @my.yorku.ca
- Touch the Settings > Add account > Google to add your Google Apps account.
- Select Existing and enter your full YorkU email address (email@example.com) and Google Token as password
- Touch OK to agree to the Terms of Service. The device will sign in to your domain. This process may take a few minutes.
- After completing these steps, you should see Account sign-in successful. You can choose which services you want to sync to the device.
That's it! You can now use Google Apps from your Android. Just launch Gmail, Google Calendar, or whichever app you want to use.